With back-to-school around the corner, now is a great time to talk to your kids about social media safety and smarts. Last summer I was fortunate to be able to present a series of seminars to a bunch of tweens and teens at an upstate New York summer camp. I think the most important concept we discussed together was the need to think about what you’re posting today, to avoid issues when a future college or employer looks you up online and discovers a youthful mistake.
Hopefully this presentation (click through to view on Slideshare.net) will help you to talk to your tween or teen about internet and social media safety.
Please leave a comment if you’ve had or plan to have this conversation with your kids. We’d love to hear how it goes!
Latest posts by Stephanie Schwab (see all)
- Business Social Media: Farming vs. Fishing - January 9, 2018
- The Bots Are Coming: The Rise of Chatbots for Business - January 8, 2018
- Your Corporate Social Media Policy - May 16, 2017
- Influence Marketing: The Good & Bad of Following Up - May 9, 2017
- Why The Best Agency For You Might Not Be A Social Media Agency - April 20, 2017