With back-to-school around the corner, now is a great time to talk to your kids about social media safety and smarts. Last summer I was fortunate to be able to present a series of seminars to a bunch of tweens and teens at an upstate New York summer camp. I think the most important concept we discussed together was the need to think about what you’re posting today, to avoid issues when a future college or employer looks you up online and discovers a youthful mistake.
Hopefully this presentation (click through to view on Slideshare.net) will help you to talk to your tween or teen about internet and social media safety.
Please leave a comment if you’ve had or plan to have this conversation with your kids. We’d love to hear how it goes!
Latest posts by Stephanie Schwab (see all)
- Small Business Best Practices For Outsourcing Business and Marketing Activities - March 12, 2023
- Social Media and Live Events: Promoting Your Small Business - January 30, 2023
- Why Is the Customer Journey Important for Small Business Owners? - November 29, 2022
- Finding Your Brand Voice - July 27, 2020
- Business Social Media: Farming vs. Fishing - January 9, 2018