With back-to-school around the corner, now is a great time to talk to your kids about social media safety and smarts. Last summer I was fortunate to be able to present a series of seminars to a bunch of tweens and teens at an upstate New York summer camp. I think the most important concept we discussed together was the need to think about what you’re posting today, to avoid issues when a future college or employer looks you up online and discovers a youthful mistake.
Hopefully this presentation (click through to view on Slideshare.net) will help you to talk to your tween or teen about internet and social media safety.
Please leave a comment if you’ve had or plan to have this conversation with your kids. We’d love to hear how it goes!
Latest posts by Stephanie Schwab (see all)
- How to Tweet Like a Pro - June 23, 2016
- Why Is Twitter So Darn Difficult for People? - May 11, 2016
- Finding Your Brand Voice - July 27, 2015
- Social Media Advertising: Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn, Oh My! - April 15, 2015
- Content Marketing: 5 Goals for Your Business - March 18, 2014