Join the Crackerjack Team
Social Media Manager
Who we are:
Crackerjack Marketing is an established digital marketing agency with clients and team members all over the world. We create social media, content marketing, and influence marketing that generates awareness, intrigue, and enthusiasm for our clients. We’ve been a 100% remote organization since our founding in 2010.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for engaging and growing social media presences for the clients that you own.
This role is fast paced and requires a confident and intelligent individual, who is an excellent communicator and digital native with strong command of social apps, algorithms, and content creation. Your strategies and work will overlap with other digital marketing we’re doing for your clients, and you’ll coordinate with our designer, our ads specialist, and others in the execution of your work. You’ll be supervised and supported by a Client Manager for each of the clients you own.
This is a full-time, remote contractor position, with preference given to those who are in the US West Coast or able to consistently work on Pacific time.
- Create, schedule and post content across client social media channels and analyze its performance to inform future content
- Build and manage client editorial calendars, coordinating with designers, video editors, and other writers to ensure schedule requirements are met
- Brainstorm new post formats, themes, and topics to continually keep client content fresh and engaging
- Track and engage the client brand community of fans and online influencers
- Surface new content opportunities and social trends, contributing insight and ideas from daily social media community management
- Respond to all messages directed to the client and proactively use outbound engagement to bring the audience to the client
- Generate weekly reports on social media content and channel performance, and analyze results monthly to drive insights and recommendations for the client
- Manage sponsored posts and follower growth advertising, or coordinate advertising with ads specialist
- Manage social media for client events in real time when appropriate
- Serve as clients’ primary point of contact for everything social media
Our requirements for this position:
- 2+ years marketing agency social media experience or consumer facing brand with 500k+ followers
- First-hand experience with social media channels including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Proven experience developing fresh and engaging social media content, social media strategies, and driving channel growth
- Digital native, invested in social media, and excited to discover and embrace the latest social media trends.
- Self-starter with proven remote track record, and can work independently to proactively solve challenges
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in English, project management, and time management skills
- First-hand experience with social media management tools such as CoSchedule, Later, etc., and project/team collaboration tools such as Slack and Notion
- Experience working with startups or software/tech companies a plus
- Native English speaker and writer, or exceptional command of American English
- Must be US East Coast-based or available to work in Eastern Time
- Own an up-to-date laptop with Microsoft Office suite, a smartphone, and have reliable high speed internet
Application is open until filled.