Keep it short – or only as long as it needs to be
Keep posts focused on one primary topic
Use headers, bullets, or other organizing tools to make important content stand out
Include an image near the top of the post
Put time into your title – then think about it some more
As the old journalism adage goes, you should put 50% of your time into writing the article and 50% into the headline. The same holds true for blog posts. If you get the right title it will draw your reader in and help them to focus on your content – but the title has to match the content. It can’t be too broad, too punny, or too blah. Additionally, a keyword-rich, focused title will help with search optimization.
How do you keep blog posts focused and help your readers quickly get to your most valuable content? We’d love to hear from you in the comments.
Latest posts by Stephanie Schwab (see all)
- How to Tweet Like a Pro - June 23, 2016
- Why Is Twitter So Darn Difficult for People? - May 11, 2016
- Finding Your Brand Voice - July 27, 2015
- Social Media Advertising: Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn, Oh My! - April 15, 2015
- Content Marketing: 5 Goals for Your Business - March 18, 2014